Getting to Know Your Candidate
Whether a reference confirms your hopes about a candidate, reveals a misrepresentation or highlights poor performance, a reference check, or “reference interview” as they are also known, is a critical step in the hiring process where you can learn important details about your candidate, such as…
- Were they really a top performer?
- Did they have great attendance?
- Were they a pleasure to work with?
- Is their CV or job application truthful?
Conducting proper reference checks can be very time consuming for hiring managers, but if corners are cut, steps are bypassed, and important questions aren’t asked you may not get to know the real candidate.
Reliable, Thorough and Independent Reference Checking
Our reference interviews add depth to background screening reports by delivering verbatim reports of your candidate’s workplace performance, as described by their former supervisor or manager.
Our rigorously trained interviewers are experts at eliciting thorough responses from referees, adopting a conversational approach throughout the interview and following up on responses with probing questions designed to retrieve the most accurate and detailed information.
Partner with Sterling Talent Solutions to maximise the effectiveness of reference checks. We’ve never met your candidate, and have no bias towards them; Our only focus is to provide you with high quality, detailed information.
Technology to Deliver an Industry Leading Service
Our expert interviewers have conducted over 2 million reference checks, but it’s not just our in-depth experience that gives us the edge. By investing in technology we’ve developed an industry leading platform which allows us to process and deliver accurate reference checks in super fast time.
- Online Ordering and Consent – Our unique eConsent system allows candidates to securely provide us with their reference details and consent.
- Speed and High Completion Rates – by providing flexible options, each reference can choose to reply online or by telephone.
- Real-time, online delivery of results – you can track and view the progress of each interview, and you are updated as results become available.
Contact us now to discuss your reference checking needs.